02 July 2007

2007: Review of Q2

Strange… the first half of 2007 passed just like that. Well actually it didn’t pass just like that. A lot happened in the last 6 months. But hell… I didn’t realize H1’2007 was already over. I previously posted a summary of Q1 here. As with tradition, let’s do a recap about yours-truly’s past quarter.

While most people out there are still struggling to make a living, I’ve decided to start work on making a fortune instead. It’s so exciting you wouldn’t believe it. What makes it so much better is that it’s not one of those get rich quick schemes. Hard work, lots of determination and a fair amount of time is required, but I know it’s real and I know I’m going to make it. Just you wait and see!

I’m now a PADI Certified Advanced Open Water Diver. Clocked 18 dives to date (10 so far this year), including 3 night dives which were simply amazing. If you think diving during the day is fun & exciting, wait till you try night diving. It’s an entirely different experience. When all your attention is focused on the scope of your flashlight, you tend to notice more which you would probably have missed in daylight. And also there’s a hint of mystery in the waters when you’re surrounded by darkness in an environment you’re not entirely used to. Truly something you have to experience for yourself. Next dive – end September. Next certification – Rescue Diver, early 2008.

I have achieved my targeted weight range I set for this year, and I’ve maintained it throughout Q2. Time to up that target – 65kgs by end Q3. I’m determined to gain more lean weight than fat. Will start planning my exercise regimen immediately.

My relationship with Joanne has developed very well. Although we’ve only been together for awhile, we’ve grown so attached that people find it hard to believe how fresh our relationship is. It’s something we’re really proud of and I can only see it getting better.

I’ve met a bunch of bloggers outside my circle of friends who are now followers of BeingMervs too. (Would really love to meet up with you guys again soon!)

Planned for H2’2007 in no particular order:
- Stand atop the highest peak of Malaysia
- Herbalife GET Team
- Decently visible 6-pack abs
- Achieve and maintain 65kgs weight
- Hepatitis B vaccination
- Project Aware
- Parents 30th Anniversary planned and paid for by their 3 kids
- Herbalife Asia Pacific Extravaganza
- Have a side income equivalent to or more than my full-time income, then fire my boss

Just want to take this opportunity to say a big thank you to all of you who follow BeingMervs. I love the comments you guys are leaving because it makes blogging a lot more meaningful to get to interact with you. I’ve always believed in 2-way communication.

A lot of tagging has been going around in the world of blogging. Here’s something new to try – I want to tag the following bloggers to recap their first half of 2007:
Robert
UnkaLeong
SY
Nigel
Annette

3 comments:

UnkaLeong said...

Haiyo...wan meh?

*grumbles. grumbles*Parks in to do list

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

OK my first reaction was unkaleong's. But I think he's far cuter grumbling than I would be! ;-)

So...now, my thing is, aiyo where to start.

;-)

Mervyn said...

Oh come on guys! I (along with many others I'm sure) am keen to know what you've been up to!