25 June 2007

Twenty-Five

Fourteen days to my birthday. I’m turning a quarter century old. The following questions have already been put to me:
1. How are you celebrating?
2. What would you like for your birthday?

To answer the first question…
The big day 9 July falls on a Monday. It’ll be hard to do anything big considering it’s a work day followed by another work day.

Sunday 8 July I’ll be tied up the entire day with a Herbalife event, right up till after dinner. Herbalife events are getting really exciting for me and I’m in the running to win RM500 in a lucky draw (Joanne won her RM500 at the last event). So now I’m feeling lucky and there’s no talking me out of attending this event.

Saturday 7 July I’m spending the afternoon at Malaysia International Dive Expo (MIDE) and attending a wedding dinner at Kiara.

As you can see, it’s going to be a bit hard to have any sort of celebration for this year’s birthday… unless of course the celebration doesn’t include my presence. Haha! If anyone has any ideas on squeezing something in between my existing schedule, feel free to make a suggestion.

As for the second question…
The only thing on my shopping list right now which is appropriate as a birthday gift is a dark leather belt for formal wear. Other suitable items which I don’t necessarily need, but will be happy to receive anyway include shirts and ties.

If all else fails and you still simply insist on giving me a gift, any form of cash contributions (cash, cheque, internet transfer) will be accepted graciously. Hugs and kisses also accepted.

11 comments:

Hengster said...

aisay man!
well, maybe can do the weekend prior to ur bday

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

why do i suddenly feel like i need to get myself a walking stick and botox? Ah, to be 25 again.

wmw said...

Hey...you'll be the same age as me! LOL ;o)

Mervyn said...

Rob: My birthday can celebrate any time of the year man. Multiple times a year also I don't mind. Haha!

LL: No one could really tell your age from just looking at you. So don't worry about the walking stick and botox. Just keep the heart young. ;)

WMW: I caught up? Yay! Hahaha

catsndogs said...

u need someone bank in ur account.. is not written there ur ac number lei... how i bank in the money to u or transfer

UnkaLeong said...

Ah...the exuberance of youth...Been called an unka since I was 21...Hahah..

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

hey merv, we born on same day...only a few years apart! ;-)

Sorry your trip to Redang didn't coincide with ours man. We're heading up this weekend. ;-)

Myles (my buddy's son) just got a huge kit of Canon EOS400D and ikelite casing. Going to go pinch it and test it out. :-)

Mervyn said...

CH: You don't have to bank in for me. I spending so fast you might as well just give it straight to me. Save me the trouble of going bank/atm to withdraw.

Unka: I've been an uncle since my teens. But my title was more formal coming from my neices.

Nigel: You'd better be taking loads of pictures. And be careful of flooding. hahaha!

soonyean said...

let's do it on your birthday, we have dinner around 8.30 somewhere near la....

mahem....2 years back i was in your shoes...can't believe i am approaching Rob's era in a few more years .... :'(

Sze said...

how about a cyber birthday greeting? (in lieu of monies in any form) :P

Mervyn said...

SY: I might have to keep Monday for my family, as I do annually. Think we can plan something for Saturday night after the wedding dinner Jo & I are attending?

Z: When's your next trip back? Would love to hear that sexy voice of yours again! ;)