05 June 2007

More Weddings

News traveled around to the other side of the world and came back to me. Another friend of mine is getting married 3rd quarter of 2007.

Reason the news came back this way was because my friend in USA isn’t happy that she’s given so little time to plan a trip back to attend the wedding. Now she’s making sure I give sufficient warning so that she can schedule a trip back to attend MY wedding (too soon to be bringing this up).

Really sweet of her. I know great friendships are hard to find, but they sure weather great storms and stretch great distances. Rare indeed.

“i am EXTREMELY reluctant to miss out on YOUR wedding. so if you're gonna get married, you have to give me enough time to scrape money up, beg the boss for vacation, and buy the plane ticket home.”

“rule of thumbs is simple: whoever you *think* you might marry in the specified year, throw me a hint at the beginning of the calendar year (hint; so meaning you can hint before even proposing) and i can keep the vacation days of that year for you.”

Wow… some people really need to plan ahead.

Since it would mean just as much to me to have her at my wedding, ‘hinting’ to her even before any marriage proposal might be a good idea after all. Besides, she’s one of those people I can count on to iron out the finer details in any event… even one as big as a wedding.

5 comments:

Hengster said...

hey man..u got spammed!

It's good to give your friend early notice. Imagine the amount of USD$$ your friend will save up for your wedding.

Mervyn said...

Rodrigo: It would have been nice if you left your comment in English.

Robert: I had Rodrigo's comment translated from Portugese to English at BabelFish. Turns out Rodrigo's just promoting his blog on personalizing T-shirts... No harm no foul. :)

Mervyn said...

Oh, and I don't think she's saving to give me the US$. More like saving for the flight back. It's going to cost a bomb!

UnkaLeong said...

Standard unwritten rule = two months? No?

Obrigado! Hahaha

Mervyn said...

yea, 2 months would be good. But I guess when people have to arrange to fly back from all the way around the world, 6-12months notice isn't a lot to ask.