29 May 2007

Meeting Bloggers

Last night was brilliant, simply brilliant. After a long day of not-working-so-hard at work; a tedious workout at the ever-packed gym; and rushing through heavy traffic to meet a friend I seldom have the opportunity to meet, I still found time to stop by The Curve’s beyond popular Laundry.

The SMS invitation I received from Robert – “Laundry@9pm tonight Presenting unkaleong. Ticket priced at 1 jug of beer. For limited time only.”

Hey! UnkaLeong worhhh… talk of the town. Didn’t want to pass up the chance to pick his brain just a little more with regards to getting abs like King Leonidas of 300. I gladly bought the 1 jug of beer.

The highlight of the evening wasn’t just meeting up with Robert, Chee How & UnkaLeong. I also got to meet some notorious bloggers who are constantly mentioned at UnkaLeong’s blog. Strangely, we were all introduced as our blog names rather than our real names. So to be fair to them, I’ll allow the anonymity by introducing this delightful bunch as:
You Get What You Give
Kampungkayell
Jade(D) Poetry
A Whiff of Lemongrass

A Whiff of Lemongrass has already blogged about our impromptu gathering of bloggers. I just love her comment about me, simply because no one has ever said that about me before. If you want to know what she said, click here.

A peculiar observation I made is that though I am by far the youngest of the lot, we don’t look far apart in terms of age. The 40-yr-olds look like they’re in the early 30’s. The 30-yr-olds look like they’re in their early 20’s. And then there’s me – the 25-yr-old who, well, I guess I just look my age. I concluded that in order to look younger than I really am, I will have to blog more. Too bad for you guys who have to suffer the torment! Wahahaha!

Oh, another thing. Not to gloat or anything, but I’ve always felt that I speak pretty good English. Yet these people’s command of English made me feel inferior. Bah!

Overall, it was a refreshing experience. I totally enjoyed meeting these people and look forward to getting acquainted with others in the community of bloggers.

12 comments:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Hey Mervyn! It was great meeting you last nite! So hor...based on your comment where u've basically slashed 10 years off everyone's age...I guess I must be 12! muahahaha. Let's do this again some time!

UnkaLeong said...

Mervyn, thanks for the beer man! More beer more of the shirt comes off! Hahaha...

Mervyn said...

Ms Lemongrass: Nice meeting you too. After meeting so many people who don't look and behave their age, I wouldn't even dare pretend to know your real age. ;)

UnkaLeong: Consider wearing one of those sandwich boards advertising "Will Strip For Beer... or an opportunity to camwhore"

wmw said...

Hi there, thought I'll drop by to say Hi. Seeing you post about last night meeting is a pleasant surprise.

Let's meet up soon for us to see that infectious smile of yours (as Meena said!) again. LOL...Oh yeah, thank you about the age thingy! You not only have to blog more, you have got to hang out more with bloggers! ;o)

Hengster said...

Catchy SMS huh! Next I will put up "1 jug of beer to touch Unka's abs"

Allan Yap & Nigel A. Skelchy said...

yeeehar mervs...great meeting you last night. And well, you look like you're 16. To my aged eyes anyway. As for your English, methinks you doth underestimateth yourself-eth. ;-)

In any case, as Ms Lemongrass says, let's do this again before too long. As for unkaleong, the camwhoring isn't exclusively his domain, looking at the rest of us who happily posed for whichever camera pointed our way.

Mervyn said...

wmw: Noted. Will hang out with more bloggers in order to look & feel younger.

robert: u sound like u're pimping unkaleong. what sort of commission are you getting? More importantly how do I get a piece of the action? hahaha!

Nigel: me no un your words-eth. What would camwhores do if there were no cameras?! LOL

Sze said...

heh it's always a pleasure to be mistaken for younger than one is. i think you'll be 'saddled' with that for a while yet!

Mervyn said...

Hi Sze... I like how you were introduced. "Z". Simple and cool. Wish I could do that. But if I intro'd myself using my initials, "Hi, I'm M-T.". It'd sound more like "Hi, I'm empty". Very himbo-ish. Not cool at all.

Anyway, thanks for visiting guys, and all the pimping too. Traffic is thru the roof. :)

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

well, if we're embarking on a joint-venture to make loads of money off Unkaleong, I guess I shall link all of u in my blog. hehe.

catsndogs said...

one more Hit from me... :) hey dude, thanks for droppin by yesterday. really touched... :)

Sze said...

hahah MT - you crack me up