10 May 2007

Drama on Flirty@10.30

My car stereo is usually tuned into Fly 95.8fm. Last night as I was on my way back from a mahjong session, I managed to catch a portion of Fly FM's Flirty@10.30.

For those of you who don’t know, this program is to help people who are shy get a date with someone they are interested in. What you do is write in to Fly FM with your details as well as the name and phone number of the person you want to ask out on a date. If you’re chosen, they get you on the line, and then they call up the other person and tell them someone’s interested to date them. They drop a few hints about your identity and hopefully your eye candy will be able to guess who you are. They then ask if he/she would like to go out on a date with you.

I’m not a huge fan of the program but sometimes the candidates’ stories can be quite interesting. Last night’s episode was one of them.

I missed the first part where Deejay gets Jane to tell her story. Jane wants to ask her ex-boyfriend Johnson out on a date, because she still has feelings for him, and she thinks that he also still has feelings for her.

Here’s where I tuned in…
Deejay calls Johnson up and asks if he knows what Flirty@10.30 is all about. Johnson is familiar with the program so they cut to the chase.

Deejay starts dropping hints and Johnson figures out whom his admirer is – Jane.

Deejay says: So Johnson, Jane still has feelings for you and she thinks that you also still have feelings for her. Would you like to go out on a date with her?
Johnson says: Yes, I’d like that a lot (very enthusiastically)
Deejay says: Well Johnson, Jane’s on the line. Say hi guys.
Jane says: Hi Johnson.
Johnson says: Hold on, you’re not Jane…
Jane says: No I’m not. I’m your girlfriend Tasha.

(WHAT THE F@%K?!?!)

Deejay says: huh???? Wait a minute! What???
(awkward silence)

Deejay says: I don’t know what to say.
Jane (Tasha) says: There’s nothing left to be said. Bye. (hangs up)
(awkward silence)

Deejay says: What just happened here?!?! That wasn’t Jane? That was your girlfriend Tasha pretending to be Jane?
Johnson says: Yea, that was actually my current girlfriend Tasha.
Deejay says: I don’t know what to say man. I really didn’t know.
Johnson says: That’s alright, I completely understand. I should get going.
Deejay says: Ok man. I hope you have a nice night... urh, hopefully your night will still be ok. urh.. you know what I mean.
Johnson says: Yea. Thanks. Bye. (hangs up)

And then the station starts broadcasting advertisements. How clever!

After hearing what I just heard, I sat at the red traffic light with my jaw dropped and face numb thinking – “like that also can?!?!”

What sane person would think that Johnson is still going to have a nice night after what just happened? It's like throwing a guy into a pot of boiling water and then saying "i hope you have fun swimming around in there".

Can't blame the Deejay either. Johnson screwed up big time.

And then again, it was really mean of Tasha to do that over national radio. She has trust issues, and she totally handled it the wrong way. Good luck to her in finding another boyfriend.

These days even radio stations have their fair share of drama. Amazing!

3 comments:

Hengster said...

Dont know fake one or not

Mervyn said...

I don't know... I'm just telling it like I heard it. Although it could have been made up by Tasha & Johnson just to tease the program. If it was deliberately planned, I must say they did a really good job. The Deejay was literally speechless! Hahah!

EarlGreyTea said...

darn! i missed that! must be really funny and awkward :p