21 May 2007

Wedding Bells

A previous post of mine mentioned someone very close to me is getting married. I attended the marriage registration last Saturday which took place at Thean Hou Temple, just off Federal Highway.

I got the time wrong apparently. When she first announced it about 3 weeks back, she told me - “11am, go a little earlier”. I made a mental note – “noon, go a little earlier”.

I decided to do a last minute check just to see exactly what time she and her fiancé would be there. When I called her at 10.25am, she told me she was already on the way and I should try to be there by 10.45am. Shit! I was still in my pajamas goddamnit!

I took a really quick shower (more like a sprinkle), threw on some decent clothes and rushed out of the house. Thank goodness I live where I live. SS2 is like 10 minutes drive from ANYWHERE (assuming smooth traffic). I reached the temple at 10.47am. I was there even before the groom arrived *damn proud*.

It’s a good thing I decided to check... else I’d have arrived at the temple just in time to leave for lunch instead.

*Note to self: Stop taking mental notes and start writing them down instead.

Dearest Jane, congratulations! Would you prefer Mdm Ching or Mrs Chai?

No comments: