Recent discussions about my blog & blogging in general highlighted a very interesting area - what should a blogger blog about? I don't think there are any restrictions on this. What's important is your reason for blogging. Do you blog for yourself, or for your readers?
While I blog both for my readers as well as myself, I think it's more for the former than the latter, which explains why blog entries are far in between. I try to only deliver content which can capture my readers' interest, instead of just "I woke up this morning, brushed my teeth, washed my face, took a shower, surfed some porn, blah blah blah..."
And so, here's a topic which might (or might not) interest you - my sex life!
Nah, better to keep this page away from the 18+ rating. You're welcome to assume that my sex life is as dull as yours. ;o)
Do you ever find that social activities can be hell painful for your wallet/purse? Random stuff random people do socially - smoking, drinking, gambling, drugs - all bound to break your finances!
Ok, realistic examples & estimated expenditure on per session basis:
movies - RM10
shopping - it varies from zero to a couple of hundred bucks
breakfast/lunch/tea/dinner/desserts - RM10-RM50
bowling - RM20
snooker/pool - RM20
karaoke - RM20-RM30
mamak - RM5-RM10
designer coffee - RM10-RM15
clubbing - RM50-RM100
All the above are very general social activities everybody does. Only difference is how frequently they do it. In any case, it still costs money.
Here are my suggestions for cheaper activities you can try with family or friends, and even when pakthor-ing.
- Scrabble and/or other board games
- have a few friends bring their cars over to your place and team up for a private car wash (can do the same for pets - gather your friends & their dogs and let hell break loose. Bathe cats if you're crazy enough)
- walks in the nearby park; jogging if you're enthusiastic; fly a kite to add a bit of 'spice'
- do arts & crafts together, or on each other.
- reorganize each other's rooms, move some furniture around & give some decorative suggestions
- a dvd (or Chinese/Korean drama series) in the comfort of someone's home, but avoid porn.
- picnics not too far from home can be quite cheap too.
- community service - it doesn't always require money. A bit of time and a lot of heart can do wonders.
So next time your out of cash, it's not the end of the world (or your social life) until you get your next paycheck. Imagination knows no limits!