05 October 2006

Surfing on "Waves" & Dancing In "Storms"

At the age of 21 I received a wedding invitation - the first which wasn't addressed to "Mr & Mrs Tan Tiong Hing & Family". This one was addressed to a Mr Mervyn Tan. Since then, I have attended at least another 5.

It wasn't till recently that it struck me. People around me are growing up, going places, finding love, living life, realising dreams... not necessarily in that order. What about you? Are you growing up? Going places? Finding love? Living life? Realising dreams?

In my case...
I'm growing old, but I refuse to grow up
I'm going places... 'crazy' is a place too you know!
I'm finding love - I love people
I'm living life, with a huge smile on my face
I'm realising dreams... and now it's time to dream bigger and badder!

If you've ever wondered how I'm constantly so positive & happy, here's a hint... "You can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf". Well-said PC!

When you start "surfing", you'll soon realize that the waves are what bring the ocean to life. And when you start "dancing in rain", you'll know that the sky would be dull and uninteresting without storms.

And so there you have it... I've learnt to surf on "waves" & dance in the "storms" of a beautiful life. So can you!

No comments: