04 July 2007

Random Thought: Bukit Gasing PJ

A random conversation during lunch today brought back some memories from some years ago – an activity with the Leos brought me to Gasing Hill in PJ for a morning hike through the small forest reserve.

There were many people who frequented the place. It was quite obvious because they seemed to know their way around so well, like the back of their palms. For those who haven’t been there, the trails are literally dirt trails, with muddy puddles here and there, and tree roots creeping across the paths. Actually, the only reason those trails exist is because many people tread them daily. There were neither staircases nor pavements as I recall; no signs or maps. I hear it gets really crowded now, especially on weekends.

My most distinct memory from Gasing Hill was watching a pair of golden retrievers play in the stream towards the end of the trail, under the watchful eyes of their owners. It was just so pleasing to watch these adult-sized dogs play around in the water like little puppies. It was enough to make me feel like a kid again. I want to go back there this weekend, hoping to catch a glimpse of something similar. This will be my birthday present from me to me this year.

I’ll be going on Saturday morning. Those interested are welcome to join me.

4 comments:

Hengster said...

so sad...
hey...sunday whole day not free ah?
Thought i strip you to your underwear for your bday

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

errr...why does hengster want to strip u down to your underwear ar? Is there something we shud know?? heehee. brings a whole new meaning to birthday suit, eh?

Mervyn said...

Hengster: It's a good thing I'm not free then huh?!

LL: Birthday suit means underwear also remove. I really don't have anything to show. It's just Hengster and his strange fantasies. :)

andy said...

Part of the trail at Taman Pendidikan Bukit Gasing has collapsed in a big way due to a landslide sometime last week. The trail has been cut off. A bungalow's compound is under threat. Although unrelated to the proposed development on the KL side, this is natural evidence of how fragile Bukit Gasing is. Please join us to SAVE BUKIT GASING.
http://savebukitgasing.wordpress.com/