20 July 2007

A Bad Day

I was out visiting customers in the company Wira on Monday. Some guy driving a small truck ran into me from behind. Shit I didn’t see it coming so didn’t get a chance to brace myself. The safety belt + inertia effect from impact caused my neck to whiplash, and it’s pretty sore even now, 4 days later. Had the senses knocked right out of me. Struggled to move the car to the side of the road and sat on the curb for a moment to gather myself.

The culprit even had the cheek to say that I was at fault for braking. WTF?!?!?! So instead of braking to a halt, I should just ram the car in front of me, like he did? Super-$oH@i betul! The next couple of hours were spent at the SJ police station waiting for one of the sergeants to get to my case. Boy was it crowded that day. Guess I wasn’t the only one having a bad day.

By the time I was through it was already 6pm. I rushed back to office to find that everyone had already locked up and left. The problem here was that my office keys were attached to my house keys in my own car; and my car keys were in my desk drawer in the office. Imagine that - big problem! The manager whose car I crashed was kind enough to drive me home. Waited in the porch till mom returned with her set of house keys.

After settling the KEYS issue and getting my car back, I went to SY’s place for a night dip in the pool with SY & Robert. We only managed to do 5 laps before the drizzle arrived. Since it was still early, we headed to the shower room and spent some time in the sauna. Here’s where it gets interesting. AP (read Attitude Problem) boys in the sauna... of course AP things were bound to happen. “Low, medium or high?”. To which we answered “Low first”. And so Robert added a bit of water to that watcha-call-it thingy and we could almost immediately feel the heat increase, but only for a brief moment.

The next round, we went medium, filling a little more water into the bucket and pouring it in. Gosh were we feeling the intensity of the heat. I couldn’t tell if the water droplets forming on my semi naked body were from the steam or my sweat. I believe the temperature rose high enough to give us a heat stroke. But Robert just wouldn’t let us off easily, threatening to label “Chicken Shit” to the first person who bails out.

Of course we stayed and continued challenging each other to take it to the next level – high! I vaguely remember anything after SY added a shit load of water. What I do remember is the burning sensation all over. The air was so hot and humid that we could feel the burn inside our throats with every breath we took. Robert was the first to bail out. CHICKEN SHIT! Hahahaha!

Today I’m sick because of that nonsense we pulled.... right before I leave for Singapore tonight, and my Mt Kinabalu climb next Tuesday. God bless me!

No comments: