27 November 2006

'Tis The Season To Go Shopping

And so, December finally arrives, along with Christmas and all the sales of the season. It's a time for giving and receiving, although I quite prefer the latter any given time. Above all else, it’s that time of the year when one doesn’t need an excuse to go shopping and spending more money than a shopaholic can earn.

Alas, that is my curse, my cancer. I am a crazed shopaholic. Money spending frenzies are far from uncommon in my book, and I love every bit of it!

They say that to overcome a problem, you first have to admit it is a problem. Well, I admit it – I, Mervyn Tan, am a shopaholic. Now what? Where does one find therapy for retail therapy?

One interesting solution to this problem – earn more money than I could possibly spend. That would take my impulsive spending off my list of problems. Now wouldn’t that be nice? Wouldn’t we all like that?

Shucks, all this talk about the almost-impossible is making me depressed. I think I’m in need of a little retail therapy already… just a little. *snickers*

"I lost my credit card. May I borrow yours?" *evil grin*

4 comments:

Hengster said...

Earn more money then you can spend. ...

When you earn more, you will just spend more on top of what you earn.
:)

UnkaLeong said...

Check out my latest post...Sell old stuff to feed retail therapy.

Mervyn said...

Robert - good point. Any other bright ideas?

Uncle Leong - Your latest post... as in the one on transformers? Sorry le, I wasn't one for keeping old toys. And even if i did, they wouldn't sell too well cos I'd probably have taken em apart so many times they don't fit together anymore (read the post b4 this one). Haha! Other stuff i buy, I buy because I genuinely liked/wanted it. So it'll take a good lot of beating to get me to part with it.

UnkaLeong said...

Mervyn - Yeah that's the one. Due to the feedback I have been receiving on that post have decided to keep my toys. LEave for my kids so they can auction at Sotheby's next time. Hahah...

As for an idea...Bend down and shout, "5 Ringgit, 5 Ringgit.." That's one very helpful friend suggested last time ;)