13 November 2006

Gearing up for 2007

Have you received a copy of your company’s working calendar for the year 2007? Here’s a summary of mine:-
Total working days – 243
Rest days / Public Holidays – 122

I counted 18 days are either National or State holidays – it’s good to be in Malaysia. The f*cked up part about 2007 is that 5 of the 18 days fall on Saturdays. We don’t work Saturdays. And we don’t get replacements. Wtf man… WTF!

On the bright side, we are fortunate to get 4 off-days from the company – usually during festive seasons or between the weekends & holidays. And then they impose one day compulsory leave as well.

Speaking of leave, I get 12 days next year. If nothing else fucks up in 2006, I will also have 2.5 days of 2006 annual leave to carry forward to 2007, bringing a total of 14.5 days. That’s pretty decent but I want to try saving up my leave and see if I succeed (probably not) in carrying forward the maximum of 6 leave days to 2008. Not that I have anything big planned for 2008, but I figure what the heck!

So effectively… 14.5 days minus 1 compulsory leave day, minus 6 days to carry forward to 2008, leaves me with 7.5 days of annual leave for 2007. That’s a sucky budget to live with. And to think that some of my colleagues have problems clearing their 30 days/year annual leave (perks of loyalty)… 4 times what I have to work with. This is making me feel miserable… I’ll end here.

5 comments:

Hengster said...

hehehe....
and I can't finish my leave allocation for the past few years

Mervyn said...

rub it in sommore... ars-hoo you!!

UnkaLeong said...

Sale on at TCE sports this weekend I believe. They are 2 doors down from 7-11 at Mentrai Business Park. With sales you can stretch your budget?

Anonymous said...

rob...so nice u cant finihsed ur leave allocation.
mine even don allow me to approve.
uncertainty leave..

Mervyn said...

uncleleong - u doing promotional work on the side ar? How much they paying you? Maybe I should do something like that to supplement my income. haha! TCE sports eh... i'll swing by with soonyean to have a look. but will probably go home empty handed cos out of budget. committed to buying the BC & mozzie from Dragonet. Thanks for the advice all the same.

Chee How - u got more flexibility than any of us... stop complaining!