19 November 2006

Devastating Combination of Passions

The shopaholic in me never dies and this time the damage was intense. I've been set back by another MYR2,280.

On the bright side, the following have been added to my collection of diving equipment and can now be struck off my shopping list.

Suunto Mosquito (White) - MYR1,380



Tusa Passage BCJ1600 - MYR900


I know some of you may have come across some better offers or bargains elsewhere. But I'm quite comfortable with my source so what's an extra buck right?

This session of overspending was followed by a quick trip to Divers' Den's swimming pool to test and adjust to the new gear. It felt great to get back underwater and breathe air from scuba again. My new toys added to the excitement. The silly thing was that I didn't get a chance to go through my mozzie's user guide before its first use. And thus I had no idea what it was (and wasn't) supposed to do. I can't wait to get underwater in Phuket.

There's only one more item on my shopping list for diving equipment - a regulator. This would of course also be the most expensive item on the entire list. Ranging from MYR2,000 and up, I'm going to have to wait awhile before completing my set. Oh and of course the miscellaneous knick-knacks for diving such as torchlights, surface float & reel, knife, etc will be collected over time.

I love shopping! I love diving! What more is there to say?!

2 comments:

UnkaLeong said...

http://www.all4diving.com/en/
Hahaha...No I do not get paid for plugging their site, but they did help me get a van to Khao Lak when I needed it. Go shopping in Phuket for your regs. Plenty of dive shops = stiff competition = better prices.

Don't forget a mesh bag to pack it all in :)

Mervyn said...

Can't afford regs just yet. waiting for bonus this Xmas. *fingers crossed*

My mesh bag already weighed down by BC, shorties, booties, mask, snorkel, fins & other random stuff. If I add anything else, I'm gonna need a trolley to move it around. Haha!