07 February 2007

Tagged

Because I’ve been tagged by a certain someone, here are 5 things about me you may or may not know, but probably don’t really need to know anyway.

Fact #1: Mervs is BBC
If ABC is American-born Chinese, then I can certainly coin BBC to be British-born Chinese. Yep… I was born in the town of Redbridge, Essex… outskirts of London. I only spent about 6 months there before moving back to Malaysia, so please do not expect me to remember anything about that place. If anyone heads that direction in the near future, bring me back a pebble from Redbridge and I will be eternally grateful! I hold ONLY a Malaysian citizenship… not interested in being a Brit at the moment.

Fact #2: Mervs took piano lessons
I can’t give much more input on this. I didn’t even know until a chance meeting back in 2000. I went for someone’s party and was mistaken for the host’s son. This lady came up to me and said “Hi Calvin, how are you?”. It was strange that she could confuse Calvin and I when he’s at least 5 years younger than me, and we didn’t even look alike. She then insisted that she recognizes me from somewhere. Turns out that she was my sister’s piano teacher… and apparently she taught me for a month too. All this happened in the 80’s. How did she even recognize me after over a decade? Fuck… I played the piano? Why did I quit?! Damn!

Fact #3: Mervs was once a very sad boy
Once upon a time, I was a very depressed kid. It was a phase I went through in my teenage years. I would complain about everything under the sun. I was so negative all the time, sometimes I wonder how the people around me put up with me. It wasn’t until a very dear friend threw some heart-piercing words at me that I realized that I definitely needed to work on my personality. Seven years have since passed. I sure hope you guys like the person I’ve turned into. I think I turned out alright. Thanks Charity Lee!

Fact #4: Mervs cooks

Yes I do. I’ve been cooking since Form 1. I know my way around the kitchen as well as any non-professional chef, but I always prefer cooking with very simple everyday ingredients. These days, I only work in the kitchen on special occasions. Give me an excuse to cook and you might end up as a little white mouse for some weird experimental recipe.

Fact #5: Mervs has his shy moments too
I know most of you have a hard time believing this… so do I. But strangely enough, I can’t seem to bring myself to utter more than a “Hi”, “Hello”, “Hey” or it’s many other variations whenever I bump into the cute girl working on the 10th floor while commuting the lift. After the greeting… my eyes tend to focus on the weirdest stuff – the lift buttons, the floor patterns, the scratches on the lift doors, the fluorescent light… my heart starts to beat faster… my mind goes blank… and I don’t know what else. It’s always the same thing for those 60 seconds we’re in the lift together. Damn it! Why don’t they serve tequila shots in the lift!

Ok… that covers it. I’m supposed to tag other people at the end of this, but Robert kind of tagged everyone I can think of already. So unfair!

2 comments:

Hengster said...

You shy??? I rephrased, you shy!!??

catsndogs said...

no no... rob, u r wrong, he's not shy. u should ask..
" shy inside the lift.. why ? "
wahahahaha