14 February 2007

Love Is In The Air

It’s 11.30am and I’m in the office but I don’t really feel like I want to be overly productive today, so I’m going to blog instead (I bet it ticks you off that I can do this).

First of all, Happy Valentine’s Day to all BeingMervs readers. That said… how’s your February 14th going?

Yeah, it’s V-day. Like it or not, it comes once a year. Valentine or no Valentine, you’ll still have to live the day. Did you ever notice how people always complain about this day?

The people who are attached will complain about:-
- how their partners aren’t romantic and don’t want to celebrate.
- can’t seem to figure out what to buy for their partners.
- the exorbitant prices for flowers & fancy dinners.
- it’s just another day, why do we have to be extra nice & do extra special things?
- why it had to fall on 14th of Feb, instead of like father & mother’s day where it falls on the a certain weekend of a certain month.

The people who aren’t attached don’t have quite as much to complain about. The only complaint I can think of is – why am I still single/partnerless/dateless?! I suppose some form of jealousy eats away at us when everyone else is out there being lovey dovey.

So, we console ourselves with the following:-
- this day is over-rated and just an excuse for entrepreneurs to slaughter sappy romantic couples. Boy am I lucky I don’t have to do anything special.
- It’s just another day in the year. There’s nothing wrong with spending it alone.

Boys being boys, they will always be at the supposedly “losing end” on Valentine’s day. They have to be extra nice, extra sweet, extra caring, extra generous, extra thoughtful, extra sensitive, extra romantic, extra everything, just to please their partners. Sometimes I wonder if what they do really pleases their partners. Or is it merely for their partners to make a comparison with their friends later on, on whose boyfriend was the nicest, sweetest, most caring, most generous, most thoughtful, most sensitive, most romantic, and most everything on this special day of the year.

Gee, if I had such potential, I wouldn’t be saving it for Valentine’s day. I’d be that kind of guy every day of the year… or maybe not! Hahaha!

In case it still isn’t obvious enough – I’m single, available & extremely date-able (so I’ve been told) at the moment. I don’t have anything dramatically romantic planned for the day or evening, but that’s not to say I won’t be having a great day like all other days.

So far, so good. I’ve got an e-date set up for 6pm, followed by 8pm dinner with the bestest buddies this world has to offer. So if you think it’s sad to not have some hottie to spend V-day with, think again!

3 comments:

soonyean said...

how was your e-Sex appointment? Ops....i mean your online date... thanks for coming to the dinner and spending time at Sanctuary (again) ... hope you'll find the right one this year, or rather, hope the right one comes to you this year buddy!

Hengster said...

Happy Valentine Buddy! You are a gem!

catsndogs said...

happy valentine.... yeaaa... u r a gem... and butter ...and togetehr wit bread.... :D