26 January 2007

Kenny And KL Clubs

I spent the last two nights out at one of KL’s hottest spots - Asian Heritage Row. The main purpose was to accompany a business associate from Singapore who was in town and staying at Sheraton Imperial.

Being around the same age, it only made sense that I took him to some place I would go myself. My first thoughts were that since this fellow clubs in Singapore, he’d probably be keen to check out the KL clubbing scene too.

As it turns out, his many business trips to the many places in Asia over the past year have never found him at any clubs outside of Singapore. Apparently the people who entertain him are of a much older age group, and they do their entertaining at a very different scene – spas, karaoke lounges or bars. Even on personal trips up to KL he’s never experienced our KL clubs first hand.

Wednesday - The whole idea to club was a spontaneous one. It’s been quite a long time since I’ve done this on a weekday, so I wasn’t too sure which of the clubs to introduce to Kenny. And of course, he was even more clueless than I.

“Ladies’ Night” came to mind so we walked along the street to see which spots were attracting the gals. We wound up at Loft since Kenny prefers R&B. He says it’s easier to dance to R&B. I can dance to anything, even Negara-ku (just to be a rebel), so it didn’t matter much to me.

Loft, although Ladies’ Night, was quite quiet even past midnight. After two rounds of drinks, we moved next door to Cynna Bar which looked a lot more promising. Although there were a lot more people there, it still didn’t feel like the usual KL club scene. We called it a night at 1am since both of us had to work the next day. My boss wouldn’t approve of me causing Kenny to be late for their appointments.

I have too much pride in my country and its nightlife to concede such a dull introduction to a Singaporean clubber. He was here for one more night anyway, so I suggested we try again, different club maybe, on Thursday. And that we did!

Thursday – my boss took Kenny straight to Renaissance Hotel for spa & dinner after a full day of appointments. While waiting for them to finish, I met up with some friends who happened to have dinner plans at Asian Heritage Row. Most of them left after happy hour was over, before Kenny arrived. The few who were still around had further plans to join some other people at Maison, a stone throw away. I hadn’t been to Maison before, but it was Ladies’ Night there on Thursdays and at the very least I’d have more company than just us two guys.

Proud to say, none of us were disappointed with what Maison had to offer. The place was crowded from the time we got there till late. The music was nice, and my friends’ friends did a good job keeping us entertained. It didn’t cost all that much either!

We didn’t leave till 2am (only because we all had an early day ahead), and I didn’t get to bed till 3am. I was feeling so zombie-ish in office this morning. Too much to drink and such a late night, and then an early start to the office – bad combination. My head still spins when I close my eyes to doze. And there’re more activities with friends down in KL tonight. Die!

The following (very discrete) conversation with my boss took place over lunch…

Boss: Eh, you got enough money or not? (Obviously referring to last night’s damage)
Me: Yea, still ok.
Boss: Remember to submit claims.
Me: (wtf? Clubbing claims???) It’s ok la. Just treat it as personal outing.
Boss: No, don’t worry. Just pass me the bills. I’ll give you the money and claim from company later.
Me: (fark! No receipts) Where can? I was with my friends and all ma. Where can claim? Besides, I don’t have the receipts.
Boss: Oh. Next time just claim. Two or three hundred Ringgit is fine. Just quietly pass to me and I’ll settle it for you. Your friends there also ok, just don’t go announcing it to your colleagues.
Me: (shittttt… why didn’t he tell me yesterday!!!!) Urh… ok.
Boss: And remember to claim mileage too.
Me: (wtf???? Mileage sommore???) Yes boss *sinister grin*

My boss damn cool! It would probably be a lot more interesting if he wasn’t grounded - currently expecting his first child.

2 comments:

Hengster said...

wah...so nice your boss...wished i had a boss like that.

You have any claim from our outing at Sanctuary... just pass to him lah!

Mervyn said...

Don't siao la u! Such expenses only claimable when I'm entertaining for business purposes.

If you've got RM430,000 worth of plastic resin business to offer me in 2007, I'll be happy to take you clubbing on company expense! Hahaha! Company set that turnover target for me. Die man!