14 January 2007

Travel 2007

The first two weeks of 2007 has gone pretty well. Apart from the many outings with great friends, and also getting started with my weight-gain program and going to the gym, I have also begun plans for this year's many travel vacations.

Here's a skeletal plan so that everyone, including me, can keep track of where I'll be going, how much money I'll be spending, and how much fun I'll be having.

Trip 1/2007 - Redang
Date: 13-15 April 2007 (Fri-Sun)
Duration: 3d/2n
Objective: Diving - PADI Advance Open Water Diver Certification
Est. Budget: RM1,200 (airfare not included)
Remarks:
PADI Open Water Diver Ceritifcation
- Shona (confirmed)
- Chui Yin (confirmed)
- Grace (unconfirmed)
- Jeffrey (unconfirmed)
- Yen (unconfirmed)
- Tomomi (unconfirmed)
PADI Advanced Open Water Diver Ceritifcation
- Mervyn (confirmed)
- Soon Yean (confirmed)
- Andy (confirmed)
Non-diving
- Federica (confirmed)
- Robert (unconfirmed)

Others interested to join are welcome. However do note that there are currently no more cheap seats on AirAsia. 7 from the above list have been booked onto AirAsia. The rest will likely travel by car or bus. Leave me a message if you are interested. I'll sort out the necessary arrangements for you.

Trip 2/2007 - Penang
Date: 1 -3 June 2007 (Fri -Sun)
Duration: 2d/2n
Objective: Leo Forum
Est. Budget: RM400
Remarks: Crash the Leo Forum without signing up as a delegate, maybe help out a little.

Trip 3/2007 - Lang Tengah
Date: 16-18 June 2007 (Sat -Mon)
Duration: 3d/2n
Objective: Diving
Est. Budget: RM700 (airfare not included)
Remarks: Just tagging along on Soon Yean's family trip for the opportunity to dive, and maybe let go the sausage on Soon Yean.

Trip 4/2007 - Kota Kinabalu
Date: 24-27 July 2007 (Tue-Fri)
Duration: 4d/3n
Objective: Climb Mt Kinabalu
Est Budget: RM600 (airfare not included)
Remarks: Still planning. Others are welcome but must inform Robert within this week.

Trip 5/2007 - Sipadan
Date: November/December 2007 (TBA)
Duration: 6d/5n
Objective: Diving the world's greatest dive sites
Est Budget: RM2,500 (airfare included)
Remarks: Aiming to go during fullmoon. We'll cross this bridge when we get there.

With my current passions, the lack of commitments, my crazy friends, and my youthful energy, I can expect 2007 to be one heck of a year. Let me know if you'd like to be a part of any of it!

6 comments:

Hengster said...

Wah lau... didn't realised there are so many location planned.

I will just wait and see like a true "Traveller!" hahaha

UnkaLeong said...

Hmm... Redang sounds interesting. Let me check on Airfare and get back to you.

catsndogs said...

redang interested... but not april laa.....
september mayb i'm heading there.. anyone ????? :P

Mervyn said...

Unkaleong - good good... faster confirm!

CheeHow - maybe join u for sept to go diving. Make sure got hotties-in-bikinis. Robert in a bikini doesn't count!

UnkaLeong said...

I just confirmed diving in the Andaman instead. Sorry bro, some time at the ened of the year?

Mervyn said...

Andaman is nice. but Redang is nicer! Hahaha!

And of course for year end diving... Sipadan is NICEST! So yea... do join for the year-end trip. I can't wait! Hahaha