01 April 2008

Reminiscing

I've been cleaning my room over the past couple of days. Not that it's really that messy, but I just haven't been entirely focused. Today as I went through more of the older stuff which I previously had stored away in a huge box under my table, I came across my year books from secondary school and Taylor's College.

It was nice to look through the pictures and articles of activities in the days past. I remember many faces, but few names. There were also faces which weren't familiar at all. Some classmate I was huh? In case by chance any of them are looking up old classmates, here's the list of where I've been.

1987-1988: Tadika Eu Ee SS2
1989: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 1C
1990: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 2C
1991: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 3C
1992: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 4C
1993: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 5C
1994: SRJK(C) Puay Chai - 6C
1995: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - Peralihan 5 (P5)
1996: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - 1 Hormat (1H)
1997: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - 2 Damai (2D)
1998: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - 3 Adil (3A)
1999: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - 4 Ehsan (4E)
2000: SMK Sultan Abdul Samad PJ - 5 Ehsan (5E)
2001: Taylors College SJ South Australian Matriculation (SAM) - Legal Studies 2 (L2)
2002: Help Institute Diploma In Business Studies (DipBus)
2003-2006: Help Institute BA (Hons) Accounting & Finance (BAAF)

After looking through the year books, I moved on to looking at some of the old greeting cards and letters I had received through post. Trust me, I'm not much of a sentimental guy. I don't usually keep gifts, notes, letters, cards or other souvenirs given to me. I do appreciate it, I just don't keep it.

So I was going through some of the stuff which I kept and I noticed one thing they mostly had in common - postage stamps. I've been keeping these cards and letters mainly because they were posted to me. Meaning even though we had the convenience of email, the sender actually felt that I was worth the trouble of putting their thoughts into writing, finding an envelop, affixing a stamp and mailing it off. I guess that made a difference to me, and why I kept them.

Su Ling, Shona, Yin Tse, Charity, Huey Lim, Cherie, Jane. Thank you for thinking that I was worth a postage stamp or two.

Once, I even received a handsome tie together with one of the cards in my mailbox. Thanks Shonz!

I haven't been in touch with most of these people though I'd much like to. I will continue to hang on to these souvenirs of the past.

1 comment:

Hengster said...

sending letter used to be the only way
now its a special way