17 April 2008

2008 Century Ride

I just got a call with information that Herbalife might be sponsoring the 2008 Century Ride organized by Kelab Roadrunners Ipoh (KRI). And it seems they're looking for distributors to ride for Team Herbalife. My cycling up to now has been minimal, but it sounds exciting.


I've never done more than a 40km ride before, let alone ride at a competitive level. Yet I somehow find myself seriously considering the 160km Century Ride. 100 miles... I must be mad. On the other hand, I think it would be an interesting experience to at least make a serious attempt - meaning to complete it within 10hrs 30mins.

With 3 months to train for the event, I think it's doable. And it would make for a great story, not to mention build up my confidence for the triathlon I'm hoping to one day complete.

1 comment:

UnkaLeong said...

Bro. Rule of thumb. Build your base. Base meaning KM's that you have under your bum. Shoot for three to four hundred clicks before attempting the event. Trust me on this one ;)