03 April 2008

Lost In Life

Through my younger days, the topic of ambition always came up. "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was the common question. I really had no clue, but I forced myself to think... lawyer, doctor, fireman, pilot, accountant... you know, the common professions. Not that it was really my ambition, but I went with whatever came to mind to "appease the gods" or in my case, my parents and kindergarten teachers.

10 years later as I finished high school and applied for college, and university after that, I still had barely a clue. Thus my lack of enthusiasm through the years. After graduating with a Bachelor's Degree of Arts majoring in accounting & finance, I still didn't know what I wanted to do with myself.

Picture that... 25 years of living life without direction. Unbelievable, but true.

I've spent the past 2-3 weeks focusing on soul searching. I have finally decided on a greater goal in life... my ambition. Read more about it in my next post.

No comments: