02 March 2007

Company Trip 2007

I received an email announcing this year’s company trip. We’re going to Redang on 28-30 April (Sat-Mon). As I understand, we’ll be taking the Berjaya package because it allows us to fly there without the hassle of a boat ride. Wtf?! The boat ride from mainland is part of the experience!

Later on, I found out that we’re not allowed any activities on our own. And guess what? I’m the only diver in my company. Hence, no diving. Shit man… people fly half way around the world, pass through up to 18 time zones or more, just to dive in our tropical waters and visit our glorious reefs. And I won’t get to dive in my own backyard.

How can I go to Redang and not dive?! That’s like going to Egypt and not visiting the pyramids; going to France and not falling in love; going to China and not trying to make the Wall fall by yanking out a brick or two; going to Penang and not eating RM6.50 Char Kuay Teow at Lorong Selamat; flying across the Bermuda Triangle and not disappear! What the hell man?!?!

The parliament should enact a new law - Mervyn Act (2007). Without getting too technical, it should simply make it illegal for a perfectly healthy diver not make a single dive while at any of the world’s premier dive locations.

Well, on the bright side, I’ll be going diving 2 weeks before the company trip. Destination - REDANG! Muahahaha! I’m such a whiner!

3 comments:

* Nette * said...

ahahhaaa...u whine so much just be back at the same place after 2 weeks.. ahhaa... take a break boy! ekekkeee...i'm sure the reefs won't miss you after 2 weeks... ahhahaaa....

Hengster said...

Wah...Redang twice in April!

soonyean said...

do you know the girls in bikini are on the land and not under the sea?