08 March 2007

Golfing

Think I’m going to take up golf.

I don’t quite know yet whether I’m going to enjoy it as much as diving, but heck. It’s a new thing. Let’s see how it goes. It’s just one of those things I figure I’ll be doing sooner or later, so why not now?

I had a go at it at the driving range. It wasn’t so bad. A ladies 8-iron took my ball about 75m on one of my better strokes. Of course that didn’t happen very often. The whole swing thing is going to take awhile to get used to.

I never realized before that there’s so much technique involved in this game, from head all the way down to your feet. Where you look; how you turn; how you hold the club; how you move your wrist; everything. Must go find out more.

Walking away after hitting about 25 balls at the driving range, my first instinct was to call dad and say “Dad, drop whatever you have planned this weekend cos you’re taking me to the driving range… and paying for it too!” But that’s asking for it.

So instead, the actual conversation was more like “Dad, if you’re not busy this weekend, would you like to go to the driving range with me? Only if you don’t already have plans and it’s convenient. No obligation, really.”

Gosh... when I first started diving, I was comparing the cost of diving to the cost of golfing because they’re both pretty expensive. Now I’m taking up both. Wtf?! Don’t ever ask me why I’m not buying my own car, or house, or anything else of sizeable value.

If one day you see a dark-skinned me, you know that I’ve either been diving, or golfing!

p/s: a lot of people tell me they’re not keen on golfing because it’s too expensive, too slow, or they don’t like the sun. If there’s anything that’s spoiling it for me, it’s the blahdee mozzies!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

what happened?
keep blogging la!