03 June 2009

Running

Not sure if I've mentioned here before, but I've registered to run in the Standard Chartered KL Marathon 2009 to be held on 28 of June.

No, I'm not doing the full marathon. 42km is a bit too much for someone who only runs 1km on a treadmill at the gym for warm ups. But they're having a 5km fun run at the KL Marathon so I figured why the hell not.

Got started with my first round-the-neighborhood run yesterday. This was the trail I took.
Robert, who's an avid runner, and will be running the full 42km in KL Marathon, advised me to start off and see if I can do a full 20 minute run without stopping. Well, I managed the above route in 20 minutes. Approximately 2.5km covered, so I guess I was pacing myself at a mere 7.5kmph. A little bit disappointing considering I normally run at 11kmph on the treadmill.

Truth be told, I don't remember the last time I ran 2.5km. And my legs were quite sore after last night's run.

Anyway, I've only got under 4 weeks to get myself running 5km. So let's up the ante. Tomorrow's route shall be...
If Google is correct, this route is about 3.5km. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cherie says:
Man you ran a lot. you may have to initially alternate your running days to get your legs used to the task ahead.

sounds like a lotta fun!

wear good shooz please :)

and who knew we had google maps at home. awesome!

Ivan said...

Wei wei wei... I know what u mean... I'm cycling to Bath tomorrow... Tried the bike just now... Felt the pain after a few miles...

Tomorrow's is suppose to be 20 miles there, and then 20 more back...

Let you know how it goes :D