06 September 2007

Random Thought: Life is Fantastic!

While playing confidant to an old flame, I made an interesting realization about life. Some of you may know this already, but I know that there are still many who don’t.

Direction and purpose… both in life are very important. To have something to work towards or look forward to, that is really vital to stay psychologically healthy, to be happy.

What drives you? Think about it! Do you have a 10-year plan? A 5-year plan? A 1-year plan? And just as important as having goals, I find that we also need to have things to look forward to. That overdue vacation with a loved one or dear friend; a special occasion or event; buying something that excites you; an anticipated exciting change in life, it all counts!

The above is what makes the difference between saying “life sucks” or “life is just ok” and being able to say “life is fantastic”. Are you truly enjoying your time here? Or are you just living it a day at a time. That choice is in your hands and really, you can choose to do something about it!

In unrelated news: Funny thing happened today. Our President is down from Japan having a meeting with all the managers. Rumor has it we’re involved in a buy-over. And we’re not the buyers. If this rumor is true, a serious change in things around here can be expected. I wonder how that would affect me if I stayed on. Would I have adjusted well to the change of bosses and maybe even working culture? Or maybe they’d retrench me and pay me off. That would have been nice. Alas, my departure from this company is already confirmed and I guess I’ll never know. Still, I have no regrets and am eager to move on to greener pastures.

No comments: