05 September 2007

Counting Down

As the days run by and I get just that much closer to my last day of service here at NMM, the boredom grows exponentially. Although I clock in at 8.30 sharp and clock out 5.00pm on the dot daily, I still feel more mentally exhausted than when I used to O.T. till late night. It’s the lack of interesting activity I tell you.

I am actually doing what I can to delay the numerous tasks of the handover process just so that I still retain some work to do while waiting it out (Kiasu about having no work… not exactly the best kind of kiasu-ism).

Even with today coming to a close, I still have 14 more working days to suffer. I’m also still entitled to 3 more days of annual leave. The initial idea was to run off the leave on the last 3 days of service, thereby bringing the end just a little be closer. That plan has had to be scrapped.

My boss just told me that our exec is putting together a farewell lunch in my name, to be held on the 25th, so I have to work till then. Looking on the bright side of it, he also mentioned that after speaking to our GM, he’s gotten approval for the company to pay me off for any unused leave. That works for me since I really could use all the money I can get.

So, 14 working days… and counting…

In the mean time, any ideas on what I can do with my time in the office without it being too obvious that I’m not working?

1 comment:

Lyrical Lemongrass said...

Ask Unkaleong! ROFL.