26 September 2007

Farewell

And so it ends... my career in the plastics trading industry has been put to rest. Yesterday, 25th of September 2007 was my last day at the office. It was a busy day indeed.

I spent quite a bit of time clearing out my desk and drawers. Some of the things of which had been collecting since I first joined in April 2005. As with all my other clean-ups, I just threw everything which had no immediate value. Straight forward enough. LOL!

My manager Desmond packed nasi lemak for all of us, while I supplied the chendol from the not-too-far bicycle stall in Taman Tun. There was also KFC served a bit later because there wasn't enough nasi lemak to go around.


Shortly after lunch, I was pleasantly surprised with my farewell present - a brand new Swatch watch. Looks pretty neat. Casual. I like it.


Almost immediately after they handed me the watch in a Swatch plastic bag, my colleague Iriese says there's more, but I have to go to the other end of the office to collect it myself. First thing which crossed my mind - "takkan give me bicycle?" because I've recently been joking so much with them about having to cycle instead of driving around, to save on spending of course.


This is what I found in a Carrefour plastic bag hiding in the corner. OMFG! They bought me a 19" Samsung SyncMaster LCD monitor. My face totally lit up with joy and I was all smiles for the rest of the day.

So out with the old...

...in with the new!
It's so f*cking cool man! (Please excuse the language.)

I'm so completely enjoying the extra space it's giving me. And I completely love the extra viewable area. Upgrading from a 17" to a 19" monitor is close to heavenly. And have you ever heard people brag about the colour and contrast and resolution on Samsung monitors? IT'S ALL THAT AND MORE!!!!



The one thing I like most about this LCD is the aesthetics. Totally sexy, and fits right in with the rest of my setup.


Oh, and if you noticed the webcam sitting on top of the monitor, I bought that 2 weeks ago - Microsoft LifeCam VX-6000. It set my dad back RM280. Yea, he's paying for it whether he likes it or not because he and mom are getting so much pleasure from being able to make video calls with Ivan in Bristol.


Life is good. Hahaha!


Okay back to the topic. So I'm done with the last career, time to start my new one. I've already got my website set up - you can check it out here. I'm looking to grow my business, of course, so feel free to forward it along to anyone you know who might be interested in making a change in their lives, or people looking for an extra RM1,000-RM2,000 income per month just part-time.

1 comment:

wmw said...

All the best to you...