29 August 2006

A Moment of Reflection

The time and money spent completing the open water course was a huge eye-opener for me. With all the new knowledge comes new curiousity and interests. There's so much more to find out and experience in this amazing world of diving.

It's not just about going beneath the water's surface and exploring a brand new world. It's not just about doing something few others do. What I've come to realize is that for me, it's also about the time off from work; the vacations away from the city; the opportunities to meet new people from different parts of the world, with different interests and different backgrounds; the excuse to travel to places I wouldn't normally travel to if not for diving; the hobby to balance my social life and career.

That's more than enough to get me excited. I can't wait for my family trip to Perhentian next weekend. Although we only plan to snorkel there (because no one else in my family dives), I couldn't possibly pass up an opportunity to dive. So I'm probably going to make one dive on the first afternoon, and join them again for snorkelling the next day. I just hope it doesn't cost me too much.

Anxiously awaiting the rest of my life as a diver...

No comments: