18 July 2008

Happy Birthday

This here post is for no one other than MUAH! Nothing implied, but I do believe I'm special enough to deserve a little bit of attention from myself.

Anyway... my birthday was just over a week ago. 9 July to be precise. Due to it falling on a Wednesday, and given my current workload, I decided to do nothing special... which later on turned out to be a bad idea.

Due to my lack of plans, I got so carried away at work that I got to work before 9am that day, and didn't head home till 2am the next morning. And I didn't even head home because I was tired, nor had I finished all my work. I headed home because I hadn't yet packed my bags for my 7.30am flight.

Yep, I was going on holiday barely a month into starting work. I blame bad planning. All these plans were made far in advance thinking that I'd still be my own boss when the time comes and taking time off is entirely at my own discretion.

Fortunately for me, my bosses gave me the go-ahead since everything was already planned out and paid for. So I guess if there was any form of birthday celebration for myself this year, it was the diving and snorkeling I did over in Perhentian Island.

p/s: got my brand spanking new Atomic Aquatics B2 regulator, fully assembled with Atomic Aquatics SS1 safe seconds inflator and Tusa Platina pressure gauge. Not the setup I originally wanted, but still my pride and joy! My scuba gear is now complete. Anything I buy from here on out is completely optional. Whooopie!

********************************************************
A big thank you to Jo for spending so many hours in the office just to teman me on my birthday.
Thank you to everyone who wished me, on that day, in advance, and belated too. Your calls, emails, smses, facebook msgs all mean a lot. :o)
Thank you to the buddies who had dinner together at Jo & Yen's place over the weekend - it was a great get-together, even though it wasn't specifically to celebrate anything.
Thank you to Soon Yean and the rest of you for the lovely present which I now have framed up and hanging on my office desk...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh My God... that's really a lovely birthday present! Very innovative! Certainly gives me a few ideas when it comes to giving away one. ;-)

Sean--

Mervyn said...

I actually put in a request for that picture to be blown up large and framed for my bday present. My friends are obviously more creative than I am. LOL! Cheers to that!!!