12 November 2007

My Ecstacy

We all have a couple of things that give us absolute pleasure. Apart from the usual orgasm which I'm sure crossed the minds of many of you, I'm referring to having a moment of pure joy of a different kind.

What do you look forward to? What gets your adrenalin pumping? What gets you high?

For me, it comes as a part of my passion for diving. On any dive trip, I always look forward to the very first dive, the very first breath of air from the tank which fills my lungs as my head drops below the surface of the water, off to another adventure. It is in that moment that my entire body relaxes, and all the worries from my reality fade to nothingness. It's that first breath of air underwater which truly marks the start of my vacation. It gives me a renewed sense of freedom to be me. It brings me 'home'.

This one moment is unique for me on every dive trip, and I do not feel it again on any of the other subsequent dives on that trip. But after a long dose of reality, when I finally find the opportunity to go on another dive trip, that first breath underwater is my ecstacy.

I miss my ecstacy.

1 comment:

Hengster said...

will join u next year!