15 May 2008

Gold Coast - Day 3 (Tuesday)

The only plan for the day was to visit Sea World. AUD5.40 bought us a ticket aboard the bus, valid for the entire day. It was barely a 10 minute ride from Cavill Ave and the driver was friendly.
Here's a picture of me in my totally mismatched outfit. I just wanted to feel comfortable. Didn't realize it would turn out to be such a fashion disaster.

Activities at the Sea World included the Seal Detectives show, Wipe-Out Water Ski show, SOS 4D Movie, and the Imagine Dolphin show which was really the highlight of my day. I can't help but feel impressed by the relationship forged between each dolphin and trainer. Truly remarkable!

There's a Sesame Street Beach and show for the kiddies who visit the theme park.

We also got to see penguins, sharks, polar bears, pelicans and ride Sea World's Skyway and Australia's first monorail. These pint-sized penguins only measured about a foot tall. Cute buggers!

Mom & dad on the Skyway.

Like with any theme park, there are also theme park rides for the young and old.
Though I didn't get on any of the rides, I managed to catch Jo & Adeline in action here... sort of. Those are their hands raised up high as they came down the slide with a huge splash.

AUD66 is quite a steep price for tickets to a theme park, but I must say that it's good knowing that the money generated from visitors is put towards research, conservation and rescue efforts.

Next time I make a trip to Sea World, I'd like to be a part of their Animal Adventure program, and maybe even a helicopter tour. Alas, all that costs a lot of money... especially more when we come from a country whose currency is much weaker.

No comments: